Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Finished Something!

Hi Megs,

I finished something! Doesn't happen very often. I spend more time starting things than finishing them - or adding to my "collection". I finished a scarf from Rowan #26, Dew Designed by Kim Hargreaves. The yarn is Briggs & Little hand dyed by Samantha Nickerson. It is so soft. I worked on in last weekend - fast-fast- because I donated it to the IODE (International Order of the Daughters of the Empire - a Canadian version of the DAR - but on the British side). It is a money raiser for an automatic bed at IWK Hospital in Halifax. I put a Tin Pot Textiles "hand made by Ann Jones" label on it. Really looks nice. Came out well.

Sorry to hear that you have been sick and also very busy. Not a good combination. Hope you at least have found time to do some knitting. I am still recovering from our rug school week and finishing the RHGNS magazine.

But is so nice that it is almost SPRING. Our snow is going fast. We got to see a grand eclipse of the moon last week - watched it over the lake as we ate supper. It was really nice. I tried to get a picture but all I got was black.

Have also been working on the shawls for the GSE team - the brown natural Marino ones that Doris is spinning the yarn for. These and the entrelac are keeping me busy. It is getting longer and longer - but only have 18 sections so far.
..
I am also (crazy me) thinking about another project. I have these great yarns (the variegated are from Manos del Uruguay and the greens I got at the trading post in Arizona during your wedding week). I want to make something out of them but haven't had an inspiration yet. I am attracted to this blanket from Handpaint Country, A knitter's journey by Cheryl Potter - but it also may be the images of the Southwest. What a wonderful time we had in September - a magical place for your wedding. So if you have any ideas - I need them.

That's about all I have been up to. The sun is shinning at it is 10 degrees outside - yea!

Love ya, Mom XOP

1 comment:

ingrid said...

That Rowan scarf is beautiful! Well done!