Monday, April 30, 2007

We are on our way

Hi Megs,

Wow - can't believe it too so long for our birthday gifts to get to San Francisco. Almost one month! I did send it slow freight. Happy you liked them - and so did the Lady. Almost all, as you mentioned, are "recycled". They are the best kind. Samantha finds cashmere sweaters at Frenchies and unwinds them, washes and you have beautiful cashmere for almost nothing.

Loved all the things you are doing. Really can't wait to see it all in person and see the flowers. We heard about the melted highway- wow!

I am writing this from the Airport Hilton in Halifax - so it will be short. With all the things I had to get done before I left - mostly Brazil, lobster calendar, income tax, forms because we are almost turning 65, it was a wild last few days. I finished all 5 shawls, washed, blocked, dried and folder ready to go!




I also did my first dyeing. It is a 6 value swatch for the bee hive of the Rug Bees apron for the Spring Fling. I left them in the jars so they would be a little mottled and it worked well.

But - am working away on my little purses for my host families. They are turning out really nice. I am using Noro in various colours. I have made 4 and finished another and almost another on the drive from Yarmouth to Halifax. I have to make 15. Each one is different - really interesting to see how they are turning out.
That is all the time I have - we can blog together when I get there. Loved to read your last post. Gives me a flavour of San Francisco and for the record, Yarmouth has been beautiful, sunny and warm except for the last few days! I planted some flowers in pots beside the door. They are beautiful but hope the frost doesn't get them while we are away.
I can truly say - see your tomorrow! Hope I can knit on the flight. It is a long flight.
Love ya,
Mom

No comments: