Monday, January 14, 2013

Once we had grandchildren it seems that we are so busy and time goes so fast as we watch them grow.  I still find time to knit and hook rugs but we do have to travel more - to Austin and to Toronto. 

I have been knitting shawls of late.  I really love "Bermuda" by Ilga Leja  ilgaleja.com,  I have made 3 of these so far and on my fouth.  One I gave to my daughter-in-law, one I gave to raffle at the Yarmouth and Acadian Shores Craft Splash and one I kept for myself.  I make them from Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn.  The colours just go together so nicelly with the pattern. 
 
 
 
I did one little mat.  Our Rug hooking groups have a Christmas dinner and we do a coaster exchange.  I made this one from a picture I found in a colouring book and sort of mucked around with it.  Little Grandson loves, loves trains - as does his Granddaddy.
 
 
 
 
I also made a sweater for a friend on commission.  I love this.  It is a wrap sweater.  It is from designer James C. Brett, Monsoon.  It is made with Monsoon yarn, It is a wool/acrylic blend and worked very well.  Really kept the shape and gage.  Enjoyed knitting it.
 
 
I guess it has been a long time since I added anything to this blog.  I also made a cowle for my Daughter-in-law from the Rowan "free" pattern and yarn you get when you get a subscription to their magazine.  I got this some years ago and finaly picked up needles and got it done.  It is a pattern called Lace Scarf by Sarah Hatton.  It turned out really nice - soft and the lace pattern came out very well after blocking.
 


 
 
And the last thing I knitted was a little short scarf for our granddaughter.  She likes bling so I designed this with yarn that had a little gold fleck in it.  My own design and it turned our really cute.  This was a Christmas request from son, Clay.  He said Lana needed a scraf to go with her new coat.
 
 
Now 2013 is a whole new year of knitting and rug hooking.  What shall I do next??
Ann
 




No comments: