Saturday, July 7, 2007

Next Clue

Hi Megs,

I love your Mystery Stole3. By now you should be knitting on Clue 2. Really interesting that everyone - at least a lot of people - are making the same thing at the same time. Did you put an edging around the piece from chart A in Chart B? Keep me posted. This is interesting. Can't image how many e-mails you get from people who are working on these. I joined a group on Knitty once with Yahoo but hate to admit that I never figured out how to access it. This one I will have to figure out. I am sure it is easy if you know what to do.

I started Evan's sweater. Sally sent a picture:
He is really cute but your Dad thinks he should have had a KC Royals cap on - he said Sean promised he would! Guess we should knit him one. I am progressing on the sweater - not sure I like the effect of the light and dark denim yarns together - it actually looks better from a distance and I think when I wash and block the pieces the colours will run together. So I am going to continue.

I loved your pictures of Jefferson City. I tried to get one of the capital from the bridge but every one has a bridge post in the middle. It really is a nice city - but I remember it from forced field trips when I was in Junior high to "the capital" so it was sort of a blur. Have not been back inside the Capital building since. Maybe I should next time we visit Sally & Mike.

We had friends visit over the July 1 weekend. Carol and Keith are from Edmonton, Alberta. Keith is a colleague on the National Adult Literacy Database (NALD) Board of directors and were at the meetings in New Brunswick. They are visiting Nova Scotia before they go home. We also had a great meal of mussels and scallops the first night they were here. I did the mussels in Greens like we had them in San Francisco - and the scallops with line.

It was great to show off Yarmouth over the holiday weekend. We went out to the Yarmouth Light but by the time we got there, the fog had rolled in. But it was pretty. There was also an interesting new rock that must have been washed or blown in in the last storm. It was sticking up and looks just like a whale. It even has the eye!

We had a Lobster Festival on the wharf so we went to that as well. that we did-up, had lunch at the "fish wagon" on the wharf - just love the picture they have painted on the side of their truck - and the fish is THIS fresh! I had clams and chips.

We also found on a back road near the wharf a very interesting folk artist who puts up signs and wonderful figures. His philosophy of life is wacky but very optimistic. We read them and had a grand time. The artist/philosopher was mowing his lawn and watched us appreciate his work - and we really did. Hope you can read these because they are wonderful. These would also made wonderful primitive mats. I am asking around to find out who he is so I can ask him if I can use his figures. For example, "Hug your kids at home and belt them in the car", "Every acorn tree had two crazy nuts who decided to stand their ground", "Don't make your guests feel at home, if they wanted to be home they would have stayed there."














We also looked at the homes in Yarmouth. Some have new paint jobs and they are really nice. It is when you show someone else around that you appreciate the beauty of where you live.


It has stopped raining so I did some gardening today - got a sunburn. But nice settling in for a really nice summer. We are hearing reports of really high heats in the US but notice that San Francisco is staying in the 80's or low 90's. We, as usual, are in the high 70's and low 80's. We love it!

Keep me posted on how the visit with my sisters and great niece, Susan, Ellen and Meridith to San Francisco - and on your progress on the Mystery Stole3 and other things you are doing. You are going to be busy but also know you will knit along the way. San Francisco must be beautiful and I know they will enjoy it as much as we did. Send pictures!

Take care !

Love ya,

Mom

No comments: