Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hooking at Whitepoint


Hi Megs,

Just got back from our hook-in at Whitepoint Beach. It was great fun, relaxing - we just hooked. This was organized by the Rug Hooking group from the South Shore (Queens and Lunenburg Counties). There were 14 of us. Whitepoint was beautiful, calm, cold and snowy but we could hear the ocean and the food was terrific - but way too much of it - but we were not complaining.

I worked on my Frog Purse and others were doing a variety of mats from primitive and "hit and miss" to formal orientals. I will just show you the pictures to give you an idea of the variety of works.








































So I have been spending my time hooking instead of knitting - but at least I work with beautiful materials. The Rug Hooking groups here in Yarmouth are going to have a course on dyeing wools. I have taken one short course but looking forward to learning more in this area. Would like to dye my own wool for knitting as well as hooking. Same materials and techniques.

It is still snowing here and has been colder than normal but really beautiful. I like to stay in and do nothing but what I want to do all day.

Take care,

Love you, Mom XOP

No comments: