Thursday, February 15, 2007

Red is for valentines?

Hi Mom,

I cannot believe that we both ended up with the same obscure brand of Japanese running shoes - almost exactly the same make & model! That is too weird.

And yours are in perfect Valentine's colors - very to the season!

I may not have Valentine's shoes, but I did get Valentine's flowers from my sweetie - twice. The first bunch were in the requisite white and red, but I'm pretty partial to the orange orchids too - don't they look great in the green vase that I got from Meredith?













Perfect for the spring weather we have been having here. (Although the snow looks very pretty in your pictures, I have to say that I'm very happy to be admiring it from afar!)

Your sweater looks like it is coming along great - the finishing might be slow, but the effort will be worth it. And sometimes it is good to bounce from project to project just to keep things interesting. Right now, I am trying to get through the final push up the legs of my Baudelaire socks. There is a new cable twist added to the legsto keep things interesting as I work my way up, but by now I've worked the lace pattern possibly a few too many times to keep my needles buzzing. So I am trading off time spent on the socks with time spent on my new project: learning entrelac, in the form of the Lady Eleanor stole from Scarf Style. Here is my progress so far - I am in my first all-squares row, otherwise known as tier 2:


Since I get to do 16 repeats of tier 2, and 17 of tier one, I should certainly have the hang of this entrelac thing by the time the shawl is done! It really is addictive - instead of just one more row, it's one more square, and then another, and another, and another....

The yarn is the Ottawa yarn from Handmaiden that we got at Gaspereau Valley Fibers. I wish I could say it is a Valentine's red, but really it is shades of purple and brown with a few white slubs scattered in for fun. This is the one that I had not quite enough of at first, but which they very kindly offered to dye more of for me. Now that I have finally got this project on the needles it is occuring to me that even though they dyed and sent it out to me last month, it has yet to arrive here. Uh-oh - hopefully that doesn't mean that I have another stray package out there....

My Klaralund is already washed and blocked, I just need to get a photo for you. In the end, since I was worried it was too short particularly in the arms, I blocked the heck out of it so that now it is slightly too drapey. Hopefully I can get a photo that shows off its good side!

Happy knitting,

Megan

No comments: