Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Running Coast to Coast

Hi Megs

We have some very strange vibes going from coast to coast. Remember at Christmas when everyone had their shoes lined up by the door and we notices that you, your bother and I - we ALL had almost identical shoes "done-up" with velcro? Well -- I have been going to Figures since mid January running 20-25 minutes on the treadmill and then one or two circuits on the machines. I bought a pair of just "work out" shoes: Mizuno Wave's! Never heard of this brand but the sales guy said they were the best - and they are! But they are not "the colours" but are suitable for Valentines day!

Happy you got your box - what a crazy thing. And yes - you should make a claim for sure! The 38 days is way, way over the top. Hope you got all your pictures and beads and all your memories back.

You are right - the picture of the ocean at Whitepoint is white, grey and blue. Really like this idea of exploring colours. We use the colour wheel and colour sense training a lot in rug hooking. The swatches we use as reference when we dye are essential to creating the right colours - look and feel of our mats.




I also am doing the non-couch potato training thing. I figure that since I joined Figures I have "run" about 50k. Have lost some weight and some of my behind and spare tire. I also enjoy it. So - go girl!

After my hooking frenzy I am now back to knitting. I am knitting the I-cord around the jacket. Very slow going and you can't keep at it for very long. So working on another of the brown shawls from Doris Cook's hand spun Marino because I like them the feel of the wool and this triangular scarf is such "dumb" knitting - then go back to hooking on my frog purse. So feeling a little skitsy.



I have also promised myself to go down to Hands on Crafts take a little run a spinning. Really admire the wools that Doris is producing. She has a wonderful white Polwarth wool that she just finished (and I bought). She says it is one lower than Marino but I think it is just as beautiful in look and feel. So soft.



It has been snowing and blowing almost every day (the "whirligig" you gave us at the wedding looks so beautiful in the snow) so nice just to stay in and knit (or hook). . I also am starting to put together the next issue of the Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia Magazine - March edition. As editor and desk-top publisher person this will take a lot of my time over the next few weeks but do enjoy doing it - and our circulation is now over 900! We send it all over the Maritimes, all over Canada and into the US and a few other countries. My last edition in November was 24 pages and had a colour cover. We also send out about 75 copies via e-mail. We have a lot of contributors and I think it makes into a really nice publication. Proud of it.

But - as your little bulbs tell us - Spring is almost here - Happy Valentines Day - Knit something RED!

And - just as I was about to finish this I heard a "cackle" outside and this was walking up the hill just outside my window - snapped his picture quickly. Beautiful!

Love ya, Mom XOP

No comments: