Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cupcake!

Hi Mom,

6 hours later (including an excursion out for brunch & some shopping on Haight St) I'm finished with my first cupcake! It's kind of fat and wants to tip over every now and again but a cupcake it is. I used the version of the pattern that has you working a Kf&b, K1 for the first icing row to make it puff out, plus I added an extra K row on the base before the P turning row so overall it's pretty huge. The 'sprinkles' are push-pins, so this is my new pin cushion. Nathan isn't really sure why I knit a cupcake but I like it!

I think I will try another with mint icing next, going without the extra row on the base just to see what the difference is. These could be addictive...

Megan

PS I got a copy of the new VK while we were out. The patchwork sweater with the fairisle squares could be interesting, but I think I'd make it shorter overall and choose a more interesting yarn for the plain sections. Nathan liked the sweater with the huge "skating rink" cables, but I think that would be a bit overwhelming on me. Have you seen the issue yet? What do you think of it?

No comments: