Sunday, January 14, 2007

My cup cake!

Hi Megs

Your father thought the same thing. Don't think he was impressed. Mine took me about 1 1/2 hours solid - watching Cracker on CBC (2 hour series from BBC). I just followed the pattern and dug in my yarn scrap draws. It was really fun and I was surprised you make it in all one piece. My next one may be a little more original - puffy and I have some white eyelash yarn that I think I will use for the icing. It is addictive! I braided the stem for the cherry.

I have been trying to find the new VK but Toots doesn't have it yet - I was in town on Saturday. I did get VK knit.1 - shouldn't have - not a thing I like in it and the knitted "real" heart is totally over the top - nuts. It was the only knitting mag they had and I was in knitting-mag withdrawal. Will look when I am in town picking up my finished shawl. Don't know why it takes so long for magazines to come ALL the way to Yarmouth.

Getting late,

Love ya, Mom XOP

No comments: