Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good Pattern

Hi Megs

I do like this pattern. Once you get into its rhythm it seem to go fast. Yes, the sock pattern, Retro Rib Socks, is from Interweave Knits, Winter, 2004. I really like working with the Briggs and Little fine sock yarn, dura sport 1 ply. It is 80% wool and 20% nylon. It is a little stiff when you knit with it but when you wash it is so soft. I find that being a little stiff actually makes it easier to knit and love the feel of it through my fingers.

I fouond an absolutely wonderful sock yarn from my lys, Hands on Crafts. It is Alpaca Plus, made in Canada, as is Briggs and Little (we do good things here). I got a rich dark brown and a very subtle green and purple. Reminded me of your wedding colours. As you know, I don’t (or didn’t) knit socks but with the “twin sock” method and some wonderful yarns I think I may make more. Also, socks are very portable.

Well – off to my rug hooking group (The Carpetbaggers). Am still working on my frog purse – a little nuts. Guess I really am a knitter that hooks. Takes me forever to finish a hooked piece – not so portable – but a nice diversion from knitting when I have time to sit still.

Love ya, Mom XOP

1 comment:

Sam said...

That alpaca sock yarn is so beautiful, I guess I will have to be satisfied with my less rich grey colour. I started to knit that pattern a while ago, and I found that I just couldn't stick with it, but I love the way it looks. See you Saturday, for The Great Shawl Blocking Event!