Friday, January 26, 2007

PS - More package goodness

UPS called this morning, and they finally found my box! 30 days (count'em, 30) after I first dropped it off at the UPS store to be shipped out. You know the one, the box full of photo albums and journals that for the longest time no one at UPS seemed concerned about, even though it appeared it had fallen off the face of the planet and, no, the items weren't just something that I could claim out on.

They just found it among the pallets of 'overstock' (ie no label we have no idea who it belongs to) in Montreal - the same pallets they were supposed to search for it last week, but we're not getting into that. I'm also not going to go off on the fact that the woman who found it wasn't actually looking for it - her job was just to open boxes and trying to figure out who they belonged to. She saw that my name was in the journals (yes, she read them, nice!) and did a search to see if that popped anything up in the system. Hello! This after UPS rep after UPS rep kept telling me that no, really, they were doing everything they could to find it, searching high and low. Really?

In the end, I'm glad they found my box, but I am never ever shipping anything on purpose through UPS again. Unless I'm willing to have it just be lost and be made to feel like a fool for thinking that might actually be something to be concerned about.

Enough of my rant. The box is supposed to arrive on Monday - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

Megan

No comments: