Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Orphan Socks

Hi Megs,

Really enjoyed our visit at Christmas. A long trip for you both but just terrific to have the whole family here. The Gaspereau Valley Fibres and the Grand Pre Winery made a grand little road trip from Yarmouth. Told the Guild (Yarmouth Knitting Guild) about it and I think we are going to plan a field trip in the Spring.

Have cleaned up Christmas and I have been working on the socks using Briggs and Little fine sock yarn in a light grey – like yours – I love grey.

And, thanks to your suggestion, I will NOT ever have another orphan sock. By knitting both socks at the same time (did have to buy another pair of 2.75 mm dp needles) I now have the tops of both socks made and moving on the heal flap – one by one. I am working one sock from yarn pulled from the inside of the ball of yarn and the second sock from yarn around the outside of the ball. If all goes well – the yarn will meet in the middle (or I will have a little ball left).

Now all I have to do is find the strength to knit the second sock for all my current orphans! Maybe someday.

Love ya,

Mom

XOP

No comments: