Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sunny days

Hi Mom,

Yikes! I do remember that sweater. Grade 6 I think it was? I definitely thought I was too stylish in that - although I think I was missing the hair to match. It is funny that you & the yarn donor were knitting the same thing at the same time - there are now so many knitting fads that swamp the internet that everyone "has" to be knitting, but it seems that that definitely isn't a new phenomenon!

I don't really have anything knitting related today, just wanted to share some pictures of happy tulips taken here at home. Yes, it is tulip season here - it seems that the city collectively shook off winter along with the confetti from new year's eve. It's still chilly at night, but warm & sunny during the day. They say the rain is coming, though...

I spent the day walking the Fancy Food Show downtown at the Moscone Center, getting to sample all the best of the new food offerings thanks to Glenn & Nathan (this is what Glenn was in town for - he left for Sacramento today). I really just hit all of my favorite foods, where I could find them - there are literally thousands of exhibitors at this show, offering all kinds of goodies from candies to chocolates to coffee to tea to olives to cheeses and on and on and on. My favorite find, though? A new product from Quebec, dried maple flakes to use in baking as a sugar substitute. Yes, Mom, I can see the "yuck" face you are making but I can also see using this on oatmeal, in cookies and pancakes - for me that's yum! Too bad it's not available outside of the east coast for now, though. But I did stop by the booth for Numi tea, makers of the dried lime tea that is my absolute favorite (but somehow very hard to find) and they were very generous with the samples - that was the true highlight for me!

Now my feet are tired and I am looking forward to just relaxing this evening with my sweater. The Noro is beautiful, but I'm not so sure about the feel of it - I spend most of my time running it through my fingers just so that I can find all the bits of straw and crustiness and pick them out before they make it into my knitting!

Hope you had a good day,

Megan

No comments: