Monday, January 22, 2007

Memories

Hi Megs,

Really can't believe you had a "football Sunday". Your Grandfather Place would be SO proud of you. I have many memories of football Sundays, football Thanksgivings, football all the time when I was growing up in Missouri. Also remember - horror of horror when we had football the first time on Christmas day! I also remember the first Superbowl Sunday. That is SO US! But at least you got to knit and both your teams won. Strange.

And - for another memory - remember this sweater I made for you in junior high? Really chilling feeling when I went through the knitting patters and magazines my friend gave me I found this one. To add to the memories - she had the same yarn I made it with - exactly.
While I was knitting it in Ottawa, she was knitting in in Yarmouth. Strange connection. Really "k2tog". So I made a cupcake out of it! A special one.
I though of Rushka when I saw the 7 deer in the backyard - don't think she would have allowed them to be in her backyard. But we do enjoy them - and run them off every time we come home or turn on a light.
I do like the Noro so much better. It is also such a joy to work with - running through your fingers.
And still can't believe you watched football and even more can't believe you watched in a sports bar-thank goodness for non-smoking laws. And the sock pattern, Baudelaire deserves to be admired - even in a sports bar!
Take care - off to hooking tonight.
Love ya, Mom XOP

No comments: